Open an Account
For new or returning members who want to open a Central Electric account. Please use this form if you want to activate service to an existing home, business or other.
We will process your online request within two business days of receiving it.
Request to Open Account
Fee and Deposit Information
- A $5.00 non-refundable membership fee will appear on your first monthly bill.
- CEC may require a deposit for all new or returning members. A letter of good credit from your previous electric utility may be accepted in lieu of a deposit or you may choose our PrePay option.
- The letter of good credit must have been under your name for the past 12 months with no late notices, collection notices or disconnects for non-payment.
- If you are unable to supply a sufficient letter of credit, you will be required to pay a deposit of $180.00. Payment arrangements can be made for this deposit for up to 3 months.
- The deposit, plus accrued interest, may be refunded after 12 months of good credit is established or when you close your account and pay all outstanding bills.
Welcome to membership in Central Electric Cooperative. Our Owner’s Manual contains valuable information about your new electric energy provider, and can be printed below.
Printable version: CEC Owner’s Manual.
If you have any questions, or if you prefer to open your account by phone, please contact Customer Service.