For new or returning members who want to open a Central Electric account. Please contact Customer Service.
Fee and Deposit Information
- A $5.00 non-refundable membership fee will appear on your first monthly bill.
- CEC may require a deposit for all new or returning members. A letter of good credit from your previous electric utility may be accepted in lieu of a deposit.
- The letter of good credit must have been under your name for the past 12 months with no late notices, collection notices or disconnects for non-payment.
- If you are unable to supply a sufficient letter of credit, you will be required to pay a deposit of $180.00. Payment arrangements can be made for this deposit.
- The deposit, plus accrued interest, may be refunded after 12 months of good credit is established or when you close your account and pay all outstanding bills.
Welcome to membership in Central Electric Cooperative. Our Owner's Manual contains valuable information about your new electric energy provider, and can be printed below.
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Printable version: CEC Owner's Manual.